How much do you know about gene therapy?
Test your knowledge with the questions below!
1. The US government body that regulates gene therapies is the:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Department of Homeland Security
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
2. Which of the following is NOT a phase in gene therapy vector manufacturing?
- Multiple purification steps to improve impurities
- Numerous tests to help ensure quality and safety of the product
- Growing cells into sufficient quantities to produce the vector
- Drying the final product into pills
3. True or False: Clinical trials can take years to collect and analyze enough data to meet regulatory requirements.
4. Gene therapy vectors are made in ________.
- living cells
5. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) may inspect ______________ prior to approving the gene therapy vector.
- business offices
- manufacturing facilities
- parking lots
Do you have gene therapy science questions that you would like addressed in future GT 101 chapters?
Let us know!
If you would like to connect with Sarepta, click here.