How much do you know about gene therapy?
Test your knowledge with the questions below!
1. What kind of test is required to determine if a disease or condition is caused by a mutated or changed gene?
- Pregnancy test
- Genetic test
- Allergy test
- Vision test
2. What is an important role of antibodies in the body?
- Replicate cells
- Aid digestion
- Fight foreign viruses
- Transport glucose
3. It is important to test for antibodies before treatment with gene therapy because_______.
- Certain antibodies may recognize the gene therapy and prevent it from working as intended
- Antibodies help gene therapy
- Antibodies cause infections
- Antibodies are necessary to make gene therapy work
4. True or False: Due to its potential to treat serious diseases, gene therapy is the focus of much scientific research.
5. True or False: Even if a person has never received a gene therapy before, they might have pre-existing antibodies that recognize the gene therapy vector.
Do you have gene therapy science questions that you would like addressed in future GT 101 chapters?
Let us know!
If you would like to connect with Sarepta, click here.