How much do you know about gene therapy?
Test your knowledge with the questions below!
1. What is the goal of gene therapy?
- Slow or stabilize a disease
- Protect a person from developing a disease
2. A genetic disease may be caused by a gene mutation. This may result in not enough of an important ________ being made. What word is missing in the previous sentence?
3.The three main components of a gene therapy are: vector, promoter, and ________?
4. True or false? All gene therapies utilize the same vector, promoter, and transgene.
5. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
- The vector aims to deliver the promoter and transgene to target cells
- The promoter aims to turn on the transgene no matter where in the body the transgene is
- The transgene contains the information to tell the body to make a new protein
- The goal of the new protein is to replace or restore an important job in the body with the goal of slowing or stabilizing a disease
Do you have gene therapy science questions that you would like addressed in future GT 101 chapters?
Let us know!
If you would like to connect with Sarepta, click here.